AltaPointe Health Systems reports incidents where a child, adolescent or vulnerable adult may be a victim of abuse and neglect.
ABUSE is defined as the infliction of:
- physical or emotional pain or injury financial or sexual exploitation
- willful deprivation
- or sexual battery of any individual who is physically or mentally incapable of protecting themselves.
Federal Law, State of Alabama Law AND AltaPointe Policy require our employees to file a written abuse/neglect report with the Department of Human Resources (DHR). Anyone may report ABUSE or NEGLECT.
AHS employees should always confer with their supervisors if there are any questions.
State and Federal codes pertaining to abuse and neglect reporting:
- Code of Alabama 1975, Sections 26-14-1 through 26-14-13
- Code of Alabama 1975, Sections 38-9-1 through 38-9-11
- The Adult Protective Services Act of 1976, Amended 1989, 1994
IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO. WE REPORT ABUSE AND NEGLECT.