Available Auxiliary Aids and Assistance
At AltaPointe Health Systems it is vital that all patients receive the highest possible quality of care to help them achieve recovery and wellness. To that end, it is our goal to ensure accessibility to and usability of every service, program and other benefit.
AltaPointe has adopted and implemented procedures compliant with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 that protect qualified individuals from discrimination based on their disability. This compliance makes sure that individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or who have other sensory or manual impairments have an equal opportunity to participate in all AltaPointe activities.
Assistance and/or auxiliary aids and services shall be provided without cost upon request to the patient being served to:
- Make sure each individual participates as fully as possible in services, programs or other benefits
- Ensure effective communication of information contained in important documents, including waivers of rights, consent to treatment forms, financial and/or insurance benefits forms or other documentation pertinent to care
To request assistance
How to receive assistance or an auxiliary aid
- Contact an office professional, a nurse or any other staff member at the time of admission or at any time you require assistance.
- Identify yourself as an individual with a disability, which affects your ability to communicate or to access or manipulate written materials or requests, an auxiliary aid or service.
- Consult with the staff member to determine what aids or services are necessary to provide effective communication in your particular situations.
All complaints or grievances regarding program accessibility will be forwarded to the designated Section 504 coordinator in the AltaPointe Consumer Needs Office at (251) 450-4303.
To request assistance or to file a complaint you may contact the AltaPointe Coordinator of Health Information at (251) 665-2538.