Although your medical record is the physical property of AltaPointe Health Systems, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Request in writing a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522.
- Request in writing to obtain a paper copy of your health record as provided for in 45 CFR 164.524.
- Request in writing to amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.526.
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request.
- Request in writing to obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528.
- Request in writing communication of your health information by alternative (other) means or at other locations.
- Revoke in writing your authorization to use and disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.