Our CarePointe specialists will conduct an assessment over the phone to determine how they can help you. If after answering a number of questions it is determined that you, your loved one or friend would benefit from another provider or other community agency, AltaPointe will assist you by making the appropriate referral in the community.
New callers are asked to supply the following information:
- Caller’s Name (and/or name of individual in need of services)
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Insurance Information
- Social Security Number
So that each caller seeking care receives the best possible service, the CarePointe specialist answering your call may ask the following questions:
- Have you ever been a patient at AltaPointe?
- Describe your current signs/symptoms.
- Are you able to sleep? Is your sleep affected?
- Have you had an increase or decrease in appetite?
- Do you believe you are a danger to yourself?
- Do you believe you are a danger to others?
- Do you have any involvement with the police or courts?
- Do you have any medical problems?
- Are you experiencing any physical or sexual abuse?
- Do you believe you may have a substance abuse problem?
- Have you had previous behavioral health counseling or treatment?
- Do you have any risk factors?
- Risk factors may include:
- Family history of substance abuse/mental Illness
- No support system